12 July 2024 (Friday) - UKAS Update

The nice people at the UK Accreditation Service sent their update today. You can read it by clicking here. On the one hand the reactionary old fart in me thinks it is a load of blah-blah-blah. On the other hand I realise that regardless of what I might think, UKAS has a bigger bearing on my professional life than any other body. Like it or lump it, this is the way forward. And like it or lump it I am better off being aware of what they are up to and what they are suggesting.
The biggest problem with their updates is that they say a lot without saying very much. What exactly is an ISO standard, and what is a mistaken interpretation of an overworked assessor?
The cynic in me would take them far more seriously if they openly published their standards rather than demanding one hundred and sixty quid for a copy of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment