10 July 2024 (Wednesday) - IBMS Update

The IBMS sent their newsletter for members today. You can read it by clicking here.
It made me think. Though not about that which CPD should make me think. The whole point of CPD is that I learn something new, or find that what I thought was good practice isn’t.
Over the years I’ve come to realise that I *don’t* get this from my professional body. Again the IBMS newsletter was all about what people have done and who is on what committee. This month the IBMS sent out all sorts of awards, and as I have said many times before, singling one out for praise cheapens the efforts of thousands who have done the same but gone unrecognized.
My first on-line rant about this subject was nearly eighteen years ago – click here and look up 13 September 2006, and I ranted along similar lines on 4 January 2007.
 
My thoughts right now are that it costs me sixteen quid a month to be a member of the IBMS and now that they don’t offer professional indemnity insurance I really have to ask what I get for my money.
There’s reflection, eh?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment