13 February 2024 (Tuesday) - Eighty Four Point Five Per Cent

I started this quality management course three weeks ago when I said “I’ve always considered “Quality Management” to be a load of blah-blah-blah that gets in the way of doing my job, and for years I’ve been wondering just what I’m missing. I must be missing something.
So far the course has been nothing but blah-blah-blah, and all it is doing is confirming my preconceptions.
 
I finished the course today and got eighty four point five per cent. I’ve clearly learned something during this time, but it has to be said there was a *lot* of “blah-blah-blah”. It really could have done with a whole lot less general theoretical and a whole lot more specific practical examples.
 
But eighty four point five per cent is eighty four point five per cent, isn’t it? There’s something tangible I can stick in a CPD audit should the need arise.
The course I’ve just done made it quite clear that a CPD audit of the sort I’m talking about here in no way contributes to workplace quality. And that’s why I’m still cynical.

No comments:

Post a Comment