14 February 2024 (Wednesday) - Getting the BTLP-TACT Wrong. Again.

Time for another BTLP-TACT exercise… It gave me two cases.
 
00403 – a fifty-eight year-old woman needing group & save for a hernia repair.
 
Her blood group was indeterminate as a positive result in the control tube invalidated the entire blood group. Apparently.
Fortunately the antibody screen was negative.
  
92445 – a seventy-six year old woman needing four units of FFP for reversal of warfarin therapy. Personally I wouldn’t have used FFP for reversal of warfarin therapy, but presumably the nice people at BTLP-TACT had already had that argument.
 
She grouped as A Rh(D) Negative with antibody panel positive in cell 3. I requested antibody panels. The IAT and enzyme panels were positive in cell 8 corresponding with anti-Kp(a)
I issued two units of A Rh(D) Negative FFP, and two units of A Rh(D) Positive FFP as there was no more A Rh(D) Negative FFP or any AB Rh(D) Negative FFB
 
I got the thumbs-down. I wasn’t supposed to issue any plasma at all. Well, I know that. But when I said “presumably the nice people at BTLP-TACT had already had that argument”, clearly they hadn’t.
 
I’m getting fed up trying to second-guess this software…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment