2 January 2021 (Saturday) - BTLP-TACT

Finding myself being chivvied to do another BTLP-TACT exercise I thought I’d better get on with it… even though it is less than two weeks since I last did one.
I was presented with two cases:
 

76046 – a thirty-two year old woman in the maternity unit requiring a group and save
She grouped as B Rh(D) Positive with a positive antibody screen in cells 2 and 3.

Bearing in mind the problems I’ve had before I immediately copied the antigram into PaintShop Pro before requesting antibody panels.

It was as well that I did – it was this that allowed me to exclude the anti-Cw that could not be excluded from the panels.

The enzyme and IAT panels was positive in cells 1 3 4 6 7 which looked like anti Jk(a)

88523 – a fifty-six year old woman in the gynaecology unit also requiring group and save
She grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen

 You can’t imagine the sense of relief to get a green light…. Copying the screen antigram is certainly the way forward…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment