10 December 2023 (Sunday) - BTLP-TACT


I’ve not done a BTLP-TACT exercise for ages… I was presented with two cases:
 

13485 – a ninety-two year-old chap in out patients requiring two units of blood within the hour

He grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with ntibody screen positive in cell 2.

I performed panels.

The enzyme and IAT panels were positive in cells 2 and 6 which was consistent with anti-K

I selected two units of A Rh(D) Positive which were K Negative

 

99315 – a fifty-eight year-old woman in A&E requiring group and save.

She grouped as A Rh(D) Negative with antibody screen positive in cell 3.

I performed panels.

The enzyme and IAT panels were positive in cell 8 which was consistent with anti-Kp(a)

 
I got the thumbs down. It claimed that the D group of the first one was uninterpretable.
Well, it wasn’t. I’m claiming shenanigans on this one

No comments:

Post a Comment