17 August 2023 (Thursday) - Getting it Wrong (Again)

 

Following yet another email about low engagement I thought I’d better do a BTLP TACt exercise. I had two cases
 
63469 – A thirty-five year-old woman in maternity requiring group & save. She grouped as B Rh(D) Positive with an antibody screen positive in cells 1 & 3.
I performed an antibody panel. The enzyme panel was negative in all cells. The IAT panel was positive in cells 1, 3, 6, 9 and 10 which corresponded with anti-Fy(a) but didn’t rule out anti-Lu(a)
 
51926 – a fifty-three year-old chap on the cardiac unit also requiring group & save/ He grouped as O with an uninterpretable D group and a negative antibody screen.
 
I got the thumbs down – the positive control in the group made the entire group uninterpretable. I made this mistake in July, didn’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment