27 July 2023 (Thursday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

 

I’ve not done a BTLP-TACT exercise for a while and I’ve been getting snarky emails about it. So here goes…
 
I had two cases:
 

49863 – a fifteen year old lad with beta thalassaemia needing two units of blood today.

He grouped as O with an indeterminate Rh control, and a negative antibody screen.

I selected two units of O Rh(D) Negativeblood fir him

 

93572 – a thirty-one year old chap with haematemesis needing two units of blood urgently. 

He grouped as A Rh (D) Positive with a negative antibody screen.

I selected two units of A Rh(D) Positive blood for him.

 
I got the thumbs-down. It seems the control being positive invalidates the entire group. I am SURE!!!!!! that previously in this simulator the control only applied to the Rh group.

No comments:

Post a Comment