29 March 2019 (Friday) - UKAS Update



UKAS sent their quarterly update today. Back in the day I would have had sleepless nights over this. Nowadays I read it perhaps more as I should do.

Interestingly the nice people at UKAS are “undertaking an exploratory research project to quantify and gather conclusive evidence of the direct impact of accreditation on the service quality of healthcare service providers”.
At the risk of appearing cynical, we put a tremendous amount of effort into meeting statutory UKAS requirements. Thirty years ago we had no such standards to meet. But we knew what was required of us, and we did every bit as good a job then as now. If not better.
I’d be intrigued to see what they discover. Mind you I’d respect it more if some independent body was doing this research.

No comments:

Post a Comment