10 August 2016 (Wednesday) - Missing the Point ?

I subscribe to the NHS England e-newsletter. One such email comes through most days. Many are dull; some are noteworthy. Today’s made me think I really must be missing something.

What is the NHS for? Cutting through all the management-buzz-words, it is all about healing the sick. And more and more it is all about doing more and more of  that with less and less resources. It is a matter of public record that nationally the NHS is billions of pounds overspent.

Is an “NHS Employers Bus” *really* a good use of limited resources? Does the NHS *really* need an active involvement in various Gay Pride activities?
Don’t get me wrong – I have nothing against the gay community. Friends and family members are gay. But by the same token friends and family members have pet dogs and/or go fishing. No NHS resources are spent on them.


I think I must be missing the point…

No comments:

Post a Comment