29 September 2026 (Tuesday) - IBMS Newsletter

It was with something of a sense of frustration that I received the IBMS newsletter today. Having received it in four different emails, the works IT refused to open it as it originated from outside its own domain.

I eventually got the thing open – you can read it by clicking here (hopefully). Much of it was irrelevant to me, but two items made me think.

There was an article about embracing automation… This is clearly the way forward, but when I first started people were fighting tooth and nail against automation. There was supposedly some merit by doing everything in the most laborious, time consuming, expensive and imprecise way possible (or so it was ranted at me by so many people).

But I saw red when I read about “Pathology Transformation: Building a sustainable workforce”. This is a standard management catchphrase which has been trotted out ever since we as a profession decided not to build a sustainable workforce but to hope to have a workforce educate and train itself, and then pretended to be surprised when in the large part it didn’t work. (I’ve ranted about this before).

No comments:

Post a Comment