17 April 2024 (Wednesday) - The Good Old Days ?


On the week when I (finally) got hold of my pension the nice people at Lablogatory sent their update somewhat co-incidentally reminiscing about the good old days.

I remember the good old days. I originally wrote a diatribe about how things were so much better forty years ago… but then remembered a conversation with the boss at the time who said he was legally obliged to recommend that I join the pension scheme but he felt he would make the observation that people in this line of work usually died aged fifty-seven from something nasty they caught from the job. Was this true? “Uncle Cyril” actually told me that, and I took him at his word.

I’ll make the observation that had we had today’s health and safety legislation back then we wouldn’t have used post-mortem material to make reagents. And one of the girls with whom I went to college probably would still be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment