21 April 2022 (Thursday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

Three days after I did a BTLP-TACT exercise (three days ago) I got an email warning me about a “low engagement”… so I thought I’d better do another one… 

I was presented with one case – a forty-three year old woman in the operating theatre with PPH requiring blood tomorrow (tomorrow?)

She showed mixed field reactions in all cell groups (an AB Rh(D) Positive person having been given O Rh(D) Negative perhaps) so this is “uninterpretable”, but fortunately the antibody screen was negative.

Given the uninterpretable blood group (and bearing in mind the simulator doesn’t allow referral to NHSBT) I selected four units of K-negative O Rh(D) Negative 

I got the green light… bearing in mind the uninterpretable blood group and the fact I was jumping up every ten seconds to deal with a tiny puppy pooping on the carpet and another tiny puppy eating it, I was rather pleased with the result.

But then this is what the BTLP-TACT simulator is all about (for me anyway). If I can get the green light from the simulation when I’m being distracted by all sorts of nonsense in the background, then (hopefully) I will do the right thing when I’m able to give real-life situations my undivided attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment