24 April 2021 (Saturday) - BTLP-TACT Excercise


I got an email telling me that I needed to do a BTLP-TACT exercise two days ago… Seriously – I only did one on Tuesday. I had a word with the boss – I don’t want to lose access to the BTLP-TACT simulator.
He assured me that these emails are automated and doing two a month is OK… So I shall stay at doing two a month.

But as I had a few minutes…
I logged into the system and waited for an age to eventually be presented with two cases: 

86154 – a sixty-one year-old chap in A&E requiring group & save and two units of blood for the following day

He grouped as A Rh(D) Negative with positive antibody screen in cells 1 and 2

O requested antibody panels which were positive in cells 1 2 and 3 in the IAT and enzyme panels which corresponded with anti-D (but did not exclude anti-Cw).

I selected two units of A Rh(D) Negative blood for him

14134 a ninety-eight year-old chap in out-patients requiring group and save

He grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen

I got the green light… which is always something of a relief.


No comments:

Post a Comment