26 October 2020 (Monday) - BTLP-TACT Excercise

It has been a couple of weeks since I last did a BTLP-TACT exercise. I thought I’d better do one. 

The software presented me with two cases: 

65853 – a fifty-one-year-old woman in ITU requiring two units of blood within the next two hours

Her ABO blood group was indeterminate; her Rh(D group was negative. Her antibody screen was positive in cells 1 and 3.
I performed antibody panels.
The IAT panel was positive in cells 1,3,4,6,8 and 10 which corresponded with anti-s but couldn’t rule out anti-Cw
The enzyme panel was negative

I selected the only unit of s-negative O Rh(D) negative there was, and in reality would be on to the NBS right away
 

85689 – a thirty-five-year-old woman attending the ante-natal clinc requiring blood group & antibody screening.
She was B Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen.
 

I was expecting the red light. I was wondering what I should have done differently, but I got the green light. I was pleased with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment