26 January 2020 (Sunday) - BTLP-TACT Excercise



It was time for another BTLP-TACT exercise. I logged on and was presented with two cases.

68902 – a twenty-five year old woman in A&E requiring two units of blood tomorrow
04701 – a forty-year old woman in the haematology clinic also requiring two units of blood tomorrow (irradiated blood)
  
Case 68902

This grouped as O Rh(D) Negative with a positive antibody screen. The panel showed anti-C and anti-D and could not rule out anti-Cw
Two units of O Neg D Neg C Neg were selected

Case 04701

This grouped as A but with what looked like a weak D reaction. I called it A Rh uninterpretable. The weak D needs further investigation.
This one also had a positive antibody screen which looked to be anti-D but anti-Cw cold not be ruled out.
I gave O Neg irradiated because of the iffy Rh group…


I got the green light. I was pleased about that…

No comments:

Post a Comment