29 September 2019 (Sunday) - BTLP-TACT Excercise



With a few minutes to spare before the Sunday early shift ended I thought that rather than having a tea break I might do a BTLP-TACT exercise. I’d had a rather difficult shift, I wasn’t feeling on top form (I’d barely slept last night), my car is laying in tatters in the car park (I will be getting the train home and arranging car fixing tomorrow), so if I’m going to get the blood banking wrong I’d like to get it wrong in the simulator… and know that I need to work on separating my mind from my troubles and to concentrate more…

So…I was presented with one case – a seventy-year old female who was vomiting blood. A group and antibody screen was required.
She was A Rh(D) Pos with no antibodies found.

I got the green light… Bearing in mind the stress I was feeling, a more challenging scenario might have been a more valuable exercise. But I’m grateful for the use of the simulator…

No comments:

Post a Comment