27 June 2019 (THursday) - BTLP-TACT Excercise


Time to do another BTLP – TACT exercise…

I was presented with one case – a forty-nine year old female going to theatre for spontaneous rupture of membranes.
A group and save was required.
The blood group was B Pos, and the antibody screen was negative. I felt I’d missed something. I had – I had the red light. Apparently it was B Neg? What happened there?

So I had another go.

I was presented with one case – a forty-nine year old chap wo was tired all the time.
A group and save was required.
This chap was A Neg (I looked and looked again!) and the antibody screen was negative. I had another red light – apparently the ABO group was “uninterpretable”?
I would like the chance to review that.

So I tried again.

One case – a forty-nine year old having a PPH. This one was B Pos with negative antibody screen. Four units of blood were required. As there were only three K-Neg units I selected these and one O Pos K-Neg unit

Finally – a green light. I would *really* like the opportunity to discuss these cases with someone. I’d like to know what (if anything) I’m doing wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment