18 July 2024 (Thursday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

Time for another BTLP-TACT exercise. I was presented with two cases:
 
87818 – a fifty-year-old chap in the outpatient department needing group & save.
The ABO group was inconclusive, but the RH(D) group was negative.
The antibody screen was positive in cells 1 & 2 so I requested antibody panels. The IAT and enzyme panels were positive in cells 1, 2 and 3 corresponding with anti-D but not excluding anti-Cw.
 
48596 – a fifty-one-year-old woman also in the outpatient department needing two units of blood. Sadly the NHS number on the blood sample was completely different from that on the accompanying form so I rejected the request.
 
I got the green light.
Mind you, I find myself wondering just how much use this simulator is to me. It doesn’t really simulate what I do at work on a daily basis. If I make a mistake at work (which we all do from time to time) I would be mortified, and fret about it for weeks. However I get this thing right with a sense of serious achievement and amazement.

No comments:

Post a Comment