8 April 2024 (Monday) - Am I Doing It Right?

I beaver away behind the scenes here copying and pasting stuff from all sorts of sources, openly admitting to my failings with BTLP-TACT and constantly finding fault with the IBMS in a shallow attempt to curry favour with anyone who might be unfortunate enough to have to assess the worth of this blog as evidence of my performing CPD.
So… now’s as good a time as any to winder if I’m actually doing what I’m supposed to be doing. According to the rules at https://www.hcpc-uk.org/cpd/what-is-cpd/ I am supposed to:
 
  1. Carry out learning activities on a regular basis.
  2. Carry out different kinds of learning activities.
  3. Keep a record in the way that is most convenient for you.
  4. Carry out activities that might improve your practice and benefit your service users.
  5. Take part in an audit if asked.
Well… I think I can take the first two criteria as done. There’s usually a couple of things happening on here every week.
And despite my being told by a previous employer to use their (so-called) “proper” headed A4 paper filed in someone else’s office, the third makes it quite clear that this blog is quite acceptable.  
The fifth hasn’t arisen yet, but if it does I will do as asked.
The fourth one is the tricky one. The first part is OK – I’m clearly doing loads in an attempt to improve what I’m doing… but does it benefit my service users?
 
The trouble here is what is a biomedical scientist’s service user? The medics sending us the blood tests? The patients whose blood we test?
I’m going to take the line that part of the service I provide is imparting the benefits of my forty-odd years to those new to this line of work.
Here’s one of them who’s been looking at blood films with me recently. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment