23 May 2016 (Monday) - People Manager Course

I spent today on a “people manager” course. It has been decided that managers need to be supported and offered training. I think this is an excellent idea. Had it been offered back when I  was a manager things may well have turned out differently.

Today’s course was interesting. It might have been a whole lot better had the classes attendances been planned somewhat differently. As the only non-nurse present I did feel that much of the day was wasted on me.

In retrospect I went along purely thinking the thing would be something of a skive. I actually did learn a thing or two from it. But I must admit I do find it ironic to be sent on a people manager course shortly after being refused promotion to a managerial position…

No comments:

Post a Comment