24 September 2020 (Thursday) IBMS Update


 The IBMS Newsletter arrived in my in-box this morning. Was it their usual one? There was a logo on it about being for “Council and Fellows”. It didn’t seem very different from their usual missives to be honest. But in a novel break with tradition one article caught my attention. What with the ongoing pandemic, there is no IBMS conference this year. Instead there will be an on-line event.

 I’ve never been to any of the IBMS annual parties… purely because everyone I’ve spoken to about them tells me that it is a party at which everyone goes to have a catch-up and booze-up with their old mates at someone else’s expense. Moving to an on-line event is a good thing – hopefully the IBMS are going to move away from being the “Old Boys’ (and Girls’) Club”.


No comments:

Post a Comment