28 December 2019 (Saturday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise


With a couple of minutes spare I thought I might do a BTLP-TACT exercise.

I had two cases:

81327 – a ninety year old male in the out-patients department requiring two units of blood within two hours

The ABO group was A; the Rh group indeterminate. The antibody screen was negative
I selected two units of A Neg

56046 – a thirty year old female in the theatre requiring four units of blood tomorrow

This patient was A Pos with no antibodies detected.
I selected four units of K-Neg A Pos blood

I got the red light… 
In the first instance the entire group was supposedly uninterpretable.
In the second instance “The issued component does not meet specific requirements for this patient.” – I wonder why not…

I tried again.

One patient – a fifty year old male requiring two units within two hours. The labelling of sample did not match that of the form. I rejected it. Green light !!

No comments:

Post a Comment