9 March 2018 (Friday) - No More Malaria Testing ?


Test spots malaria in two minutes, without bloodmade for an interesting headline. Without wishing to be big-headed I must be amongst the most experienced malaria-spotters amongst malaria-spotters in district general hospitals. And bearing in mind how few cases we see…
This headline intrigued me. A reliable way of detecting malaria without blood. Less work for us? Apparently this new test “uses light and magnetism to differentiate between the blood of an infected and a healthy person” so blood *is* involved.

I read the article and watched the video. A lot was said whilst saying very little. It looks like I shall still be testing for malaria for a while yet…

I subscribe to all sorts of newsgroups and on-line forums in the hope of getting stuff from which I can get good CPD. Sometimes I am disappointed…

No comments:

Post a Comment