3 June 2024 (Monday) - Learning Monday

It’s Monday… it’s Learning Monday. I say “learning”… I suspect things in the European Hematology Association are rather different to how they are in my world. Again I’m doing CPD which isn’t so much brushing up what I know and updating it as remembering the good old days before the job was dumbed down and de-skilled.
The picture is of hairy cells. Back in the day we’d take a bit of the patient’s blood, and do an acid phos stain.
Science advanced, and we’d take a bit of blood to the flow cytometer and test for all sorts of CD markers.
Nowadays the lab assistant packs up the blood and sends it to London and we call it progress.
Such a shame…
 
I really should stop being so negative in what I post here. Wow – look! – a reflection!!

No comments:

Post a Comment