4 June 2024 (Tuesday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

Flushed with success at having got one right at the weekend, I thought I might have another go at the BTLP-TACT…
I was given two cases:
 
68116 – a forty-two year-old woman in A&E requiring group & save
She grouped as O Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen.
 
53366 – a forty-seven year-old chap in theatre requiring group & save and four units of FFP for bleeding varices.
He also grouped as O Rh(D) Positive but with an antibody screen positive in cells 1 & 2.
I performed antibody panels. The IAT panel was positive in cells 2, 4, 5, 7,8 and 10 which corresponded with anti-Fy(b), and the enzyme panel was negative.
I didn’t issue FFP as according to the guidelines it isn’t recommended in this condition.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9218432/ 
 
I got the green light… 

No comments:

Post a Comment