3 November 2021 (Wednesday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

With a few minutes to spare I had a look at the BTLP-TACT and did another exercise.
I was presented with two cases:

82477 – an eighty-year-old chap in theatre requiring group & save
He grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen

12648 – a sixty-four-year-old woman also in theatre requiring group & save
She grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen

And I somehow entered the Rh group on the first one wrongly… How did I do that? So I tried again and got two more cases:

76154 – a thirty-three-year-old woman in theatre requiring group and save
She grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with an antibody screen positive in cells two and three.
I requested antibody panels

The IAT enzyme panel was negative in cells one and two and positive in all other cells corresponding with anti-c and not excluding anti-E, anti-Lu(a), anti-Kp(a)…

78045 – a forty-five-year-old woman also in theatre requiring group & save
She had an indeterminate ABO group but was Rh(D) negative with a negative antibody screen

I got that one right!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment