I had a little time on my hands this
morning so I did a BTLP-TACT exercise.
I was presented with two cases:
47778 – a ninety-nine year-old woman in out patients needing group and save prior to hip replacement surgery.She grouped as AB Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen.36230 – a twenty-nine year-old woman in the maternity unit needing group and save prior to induction of labour.She grouped as A Rh(D) Negative with antibody screen positive in all three cells. I performed antibody panels.The enzyme panel was negative throughout.The IAT panel was positive in cells 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10 corresponding with anti-S and anti-Fy(a)
I got it wrong. Apparently anti-K could
not be excluded. I’m not happy about this. In previous exercises I was told
that a negative reaction in the enzyme panel *did* rule out anti-K in the simulator (I know it don't in real life).

No comments:
Post a Comment