26 September 2023 (Tuesday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

One of the sadder things about getting old(er) is that you develop set routines. One of them is that on the morning before a night shift I take the dogs for a long walk in the woods, and when I come home I get pastries for me and “er indoors TM  from the corner shop. I then scoff one with a cuppa whilst doing a BTLP-TACT exercise…
 
This morning I was presented with two cases
 
41051 – a forty-six year old woman in out patients requiring group and save for a cystectomy. The labelling of the blood sample bore no relation to that on the accompanying request form so I rejected it.
 
61095 – a twenty-four year old chap in ITU requiring four units of blood following an RTA.
He grouped as O Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen.
It was at this point that the software stopped responding.
It started again after a few minutes when I selected four units of O Rh(D) Positive blood
 
I got the green light…

The last time I mentioned about BTLP I said that I had emailed BTLP-TACT HQ to whinge that I thought it rather unfair that they will tell me off for not doing enough of certain sorts of exercises when it is they that choose (randomly) which exercises I do. I’ve since had an email back agreeing that it is unfair, but saying that they don’t intend to change the system, and that the way round it is to do more exercises.
Ho hum…
I already do (on average) three a month. I shall create an automatic rule on my in-box to automatically delete their reminders about my (supposed) inactivity to save me doing so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment