18 September 2023 (Monday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

 

Five days ago I wrote “With a few minutes spare I thought I might as well do some BTLP-TACT; after all it is nearly a week since they last sent me one of those emails telling me I’m not doing enough exercises…
Four days ago I got another of those emails.
I’ve got half an hour before my appointment at the tip, so here goes.
I had two cases:
 

64887 – a fifty-one year old chap in the urology clinic needing two units for TURP

He grouped as O with an indeterminate Rh group. The antibody screen was negative.

I selected two units of O Rh(D) Neg blood

34435 – a twenty-seven year old woman in theatre needing four units of FFP

She grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen. I selected four units of A Rh(D) Positive FFP

 
I got the thumbs down. Apparently the group was all uninterpretable… I’ve made that mistake before.
And the FFP was wrong… should it have been methylene blue treated?

No comments:

Post a Comment