30 May 2023 (Tuesday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

I’ve had some messages that “Your manager has identified that you may need to complete further TACT participations to improve your engagement target with the system. Please visit TACT and log in at your earliest convenience”.
Interesting… bearing in mind that I’ve had several conversations with the chap on the matter. He assures me that my average of two a month is fine,
 
Still… here we go for the fourth time this month…
 
I was presented with one case – a patient in the haematology clinic requiring two units of blood tomorrow.
She grouped as AB Rh(D) Positive with antibody screen positive in cells 2 & 3
I requested antibody panels.
The IAT and enzyme panels were positive in cells 1, 3,4, 6 and 7 which corresponded with anti Jk(a)
 
I selected one unit of A Rh(D) Positive Jk(a) Negative and one unit of HT Neg O Rh(D) Positive Jk(a) Negative and got the green light…

No comments:

Post a Comment