17 April 2023 (Monday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

After last week’s debacle I had a word with the boss who agreed with me that the BTLP-TACT simulator is far from perfect… but it is the only simulator we’ve got.
So I had another go…
 
I had two cases:
 
41003 – a sixty-three year-old woman requiring group & save for a hernia repair.
 
She grouped as O Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen.
 
02386 – a forty-six year-old chap in A&E requiring six units of blood within the hour following a stabbing.
 
His ABO blood group was indeterminate; cells grouping as A; plasma as AB. But the Rh group was negative. I called him indeterminate Rh(D) Negative.
The antibody screen was negative.
I issued six units of O Rh(D) Negative blood.
 
I got it right… for which I was grateful…

No comments:

Post a Comment