30 December 2022 (Friday) - Getting the BTLP-TACT Wrong (?)


 
The plan for the morning was to take the dogs to the woods, but it is pouring with rain… so why not do one of these?
 
I was presented with two cases:
 
32486 – a sixty-two year old chap in the operating theatre needing group & save for a fratured neck of femur
He grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen
 
75877 – a twenty-three year-old woman in labour needing four units of CMV-neg blood as soon as possible
She grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen
I selected four units of A Rh(D) Positive CMV negative which were also K Negative
 
I got it wrong… I say “I got it wrong” - It was expecting “uninterpretable” where I’d said “Positive” but look at the reasoning.  Interpretable D group was wrongly identified as uninterpretable
 
I got the red light and have absolutely no idea why. It looks like it has stuffed up, and the software won’t let me access the exercise to see what I got wrong.
This isn’t the first time it has done this…

No comments:

Post a Comment