23 November 2020 (Monday) - BTLP-TACT (let's try again!)

I’ve had two failures at BTLP-TACT recently. Firstly I don’t think I understood what their picture meant, and secondly the wouldn’t show me the screen antigram. So it was with something of an air of sulking frustration that I had a go at the BTLP-TACT this morning.
I felt I had to – overnight the post of yesterday’s failures had been viewed fifteen times. Fifteen!!! That’s a lot.
 

I was presented with just the one case today – a thirty-one year old chap requiring a pre-op group and save.
The chap was A Rh(D) Negative with a negative antibody screen.

I pressed the “select for red cell issue” by mistake… I pressed it again and this seemed to cancel the mistake, I got the green light. Thank heavens for that.

 Much as I am grateful for the use of this blood bank simulator, I find that when I fail on it I’m not stuffing up the blood group serology (I should hope not!!), I am misunderstanding what the software is trying to convey, or having technical issues.
That’s my excuse and I am sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment