6 October 2020 (Tuesday) - BTLP-TACT

Time for another BTLP-TACT exercise…

The software (eventually) provided me with two cases:

 

63591 – A four-year old boy with haemophilia requiring group and save

He grouped as O Rh(D) Positive with a positive antibody screen (positive in all three screening cells).

I requested antibody panels.

The IAT panel was positive in cells 1 3 5 6 9 10. This could well be anti-E and anti-Fy(a) but could well also have anti-Cw and anti-Lu(a)

The enzyme panel was positive in cells 3 and 5 – that’s the anti-E

 

15698 – A twenty-four year old chap with beta thalassaemia requiring two units of blood for the next day

 

He grouped as A Rh(D) positive with a negative antibody screen.

I selected two units of A Rh(D) Pos blood for him

I got the red light – apparently the blood group of the second case was uninterpretable? It is a shame that I can’t go back to see it.

I suppose most people would keep quiet about having got it wrong and wouldn’t mention it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment