8 August 2020 (Saturday) - BTLP-TACT Excercise

 

 

Despite it only being a week since I last did a BTLP-TACT exercise I had an email from the boss telling me to do another.
So I did.

The software presented me with two cases:

19995 – a twenty-nine year old woman from the haematology clinicrequiring two units of irradiated blood for the next day.
She grouped as uninterpretable ABO group but was Rh(D) Negative with negative antibody screen.

I selected two units of o Rh(D) Negative K Negative irradiated blood

22775 – a sixty-nine year old man from the haemophilia clinic requiring group and save.
He grouped as uninterpretable ABO group but was Rh(D) Negative with positive antibody screen in cell 1.

I requested antibody panels. The IAT and enzyme panels were positive in cells 1, 2 and 4 which was indicative of anti-C but did not exclude anti-Cw.
 

Matters weren’t helped by the software crashing half way through… but I got the green light

No comments:

Post a Comment