26 June 2020 (Friday) - Information Governance


I did my information governance e-learning today. The cynical part of me sees this as teaching grannie (or in my case granddad) to suck eggs. But I suppose a reminder and a refresher is always a good thing
Am I really being that cynical in thinking that this is an incredibly serious and important subject that has become a subject of ridicule by being bogged down with utterly unnecessary jargon? Do the terms “Caldecott principles” and “intelligent sharing of information” and “improved lifecycle efficiencies” and “better regulatory compliance” actually help anyone? I can’t help but feel that people get bogged down with the big words and lose sight of the need not to go nosing in stuff that is none of your business?

No comments:

Post a Comment