11 December 2018 (Tuesday) - IBMS Newsletter


The IBMS newsletter came out today. I was immediately turned off by the request for nominations for “biomedical scientist of the year”. Any kind of award for the professional of the year is a bad idea in my opinion. By singling out one individual, everyone else is automatically put into second place when in fact everyone is actually doing the same thing.

There was a review of a webinar on quality control materials. I dislike webinars. In this day and age surely it would be better to put a video on-line and allow people to watch it at their leisure. I’d rather see the presentation for myself rather than read someonr else’s opinion of it.

There was mention of a new Facebook group for the IBMS. I’ve joined it in the hope it will provide more CPD…
At the risk of sounding cynical it can’t provide less than their monthly newsletters seem to…


No comments:

Post a Comment