9 October 2018 (Tuesday) - IBMS Newsletter


The IBMS newsletter appeared in my in-box this morning. Unlike previous ones I found this one rather interesting. I quite liked the article about the role of biomedical scientists at Great Ormond Street Hospital, but I would have liked to have read more about the individuals involved…
I was also *very* interested to read about the proposed changes to pathology services… But it was very much “blah blah blah – same old – same old”. Amalgamation of path labs has happened to a limited degree. The changes now proposed are pretty much the changes first discussed fifteen to twenty years ago. I can’t help but feel that now is the time to either do it or abandon it altogether.
I also can’t help but feel that there would be a *lot* more action if those on the committees discussing these changes weren’t the very people who stand to lose their jobs in these changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment