20 November 2016 (Sunday) - 1604 DM


The results of the latest digital morphology became available. The case was “A 39 year old female presents unwell at the emergency department. Hb 120g/L, WBC 6.5 x 10*9/L, Platelets 150 x 10*9/L. The analyser fails to produce a differential so a blood film is examine

I first looked at the image some time ago and I said there was left shift with toxic granulation and some early myeloid cells.

Your Observations:
Rank
Morphological Feature
Participants who selected this feature
1
Blast cells
63.6%
2
Promyelocytes
36.5%
3
Toxic granulation
19.8%
4
Reactive lymphocytes/Plasmacytoid lymphs/Turk cells
20.5%
5
Clumps
36.1%
Considering the morphological features you have selected which of the following diagnostic categories do you think might be most likely.
Acute Leukaemia
Chronic Myeloproliferative disorder
Actual pathological diagnosis:
Bone marrow infiltration by carcinoma


The red cells showed polychromasia  and there were some stomatocyes seen. I didn’t rate those as important enough.
I don’t think I did too badly….


It seems odd that the system told me I didn’t participate but recorded my entry…


No comments:

Post a Comment