15 September 2016 (Thursday) - Worth While !

I’ve been feeling a tad negative about work lately. There are all sorts of reasons for this that I won’t go into details about. But here’s an article which has re-invigorated me. (Admittedly American, but I’m sure this goes across the Atlantic)

As part of their 2015 – 2016 College Salary ReportPayscale.com asked survey respondents if they feel that their job “makes the world a better place,” using the percentage of respondents in each field who said they derived a “high” level of meaning from their work to rank the associated 319 college majors accordingly.

At the top of the list this year is Medical Laboratory Science. A staggering 97% of respondents found their work in fields associated with this major to be meaningful.

Taking second place, down one rung from last year, is Pastoral Ministry.


I would have thought that pastoral ministry would have been far more rewarding. Perhaps not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment