21 August 2024 (Wednesday) - Getting The BTLP-Tact Wrong (Yet Again)

Time for another BTLP-TACT exercise? Probably not but I had a go anyway. I pressed the “start new scenario” button and waited patiently. Last time I got impatient and got given two.
I was only given one case today – a twenty-seven year-old woman in the maternity unit requiring group & save. She grouped as A Rh(D) Negative. Admittedly a weak reaction with the anti-A. Certainly this one would go off to NHSBT for further investigation…but it was definitely positive and the reverse group concurred.
It was at this point that the software crashed…
I got back in. The antibody screen was positive in cell 2 so I requested antibody panels.
 
The IAT and enzyme panels were positive in cells 3 & 5 corresponding with anti-E
 
I got the thumbs down. Apparently the group was uninterpretable. Have a look at the piccie… I’d say that was interpretable, wouldn’t you?
Oh well… last week I put up a list of vagaries of the BTLP-TACT system in which it disagrees with reality. Here’s another example.

No comments:

Post a Comment