23 August 2022 (Tuesday) - Failing the BTLP-TACT


 

What with holidays and stuff it is ages since I last did a BTLP-TACT exercise…I was given two patients. 

37097 – A thirty-year-old woman in the maternity department in pre-eclampsia requiring group and save.
She grouped as O Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen

68710 - a twenty-year-old woman in out-patients also requiring group and save. She grouped as O but with an indeterminate Rh(D) type, and with antibody screen positive in cells 1 and 2. I requested antibody profiles.
Both the IAT and enzyme panels were positive in cells 1, 2, 3 and 5 corresponding to anti-D and anti-E (but not ruling out anti-Cw)

I’d be intrigued to know more about this patient’s D-type…

I got the thumbs-down. Apparently the ABO group (in the picture above) was uninterpretable. Does the positive control invalidate everything? In the past I thought it did and got a fail for thinking so
I’ve emailed the scheme organise to ask if they have changed their way of working
... 

No comments:

Post a Comment