11 August 2022 (Thursday) - IBMS Newsletter

The IBMS newsletter today had The Pathologist's Power List 2022 an annual celebration of the great and inspirational minds that underpin the medical laboratory. 

Over the years I have seen several of these lists… I *seriously* dislike them. I’m sure this is not the intention, but singling out and praising half a dozen people for what they have done automatically belittles the thousands of people who have done exactly the same (if not more) but with no recognition.

Perhaps I’m just bitter that I’ve never been mentioned on any of these lists. But I’ll just mention that I missed my daughter’s first eight birthday parties so that where I used to work would have out of hours cover that no one else wanted to provide.
(I’ll mention it as no one else was ever aware!)

No comments:

Post a Comment