1 July 2022 (Friday) - BTLP-TACT Exercise

I must admit to being a tad miffed about getting an email from an automated system saying that “… you may need to complete further TACT participations to improve your engagement target with the system” when I’ve just had two weeks holiday and everyone else tells me that I do far more BTLP-TACT exercises than they do… But here goes.
I had two cases
 

79798 – a sixty-eight-year-old chap with CML needing two units of blood for tomorrow.
He grouped as A Rh(D) Negative with antibody screen positive in cells 1 & 3. I requested antibody panels. The IAT panel was positive in cells 1 3 6 9 & 10 which corresponded with anti Fy(a) but did not exclude anti-Cw or anti-Lu(a)

The enzyme panel was negative.
According to BTLT-TACT this excludes anti-Cw (although according to reality it does not)

I selected two A Rh(D) Negative units which were also Fy(a) negative. There was only one A Rh(D) Negative Fy(a) Negative Lu(a) Negative unit

92280 - an eighteen-year-old chap requiring group & save. He grouped as A Rh(D) Positive with a negative antibody screen

I got the green light…

No comments:

Post a Comment