10 December 2021 (Friday) - HCPC Newsletter


The HCPC sent out its newsletter today and opened with an announcement about “Why we're asking for your equality and diversity information”. I rolled my eyes, took a deep breath and clicked on the link. I was taken to a web page entitled “Understanding your EDI” and I then wasted ten minutes finding out what an EDI was.
Apparently if I complete their survey the HCPC will “build a hugely important pool of data that will help us, and the professions we regulate, ensure equality and fairness is at the heart of everything we do”.
However they didn’t actually explain how does my marital status, ethnic background and sexual orientation could have any bearing on my ability to perform a blood count or crossmatch blood.

I completed their survey by selecting “Prefer not to say” for every question.
I’m sorry to say that this put me off bothering with the rest of this month’s newsletter…

No comments:

Post a Comment