4 October 2021 (Monday) - Another Failure ?

Time for another BTLP-TACT exercise. I pressed the “start new scenario” button and nothing happened. Eventually I was presented with one case; a forty year old woman in maternity requiring group & save.
She typed as O Rh(D) Positive with a positive antibody screen (in cells one and two) so I requested antibody panels.

The IAT panel was positive in cells 2, 3, 5, 7 and 9 which corresponded with anti-S but did not exclude anti-E or anti-Lu(a)
(Lu(a) did not appear on the screen antigram!)

The enzyme panel was negative.
So we had a case of anti-S but could not exclude anti-E or anti-Lu(a).

I got the red light since “Additional antibodies noted which were not present” . Why? The anti-Lu(a) could not be excluded since it did not appear on the antigram.
Was the negative enzyme panel supposed to exclude anti-E? It doesn’t. I had an IAT-only anti-E at work on Saturday.

I’ve asked BTLP-TACT about this – after all they are one of my friends on Facebook (!)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment