21 July 2021 (Wednesday) - A New Toy

The boss has bought me a new toy. I say “bought me a new toy” – she’s bought the department a new Olympus DP23 camera (and associated software) which has been hooked up to the best microscope. For some utterly inexplicable reason all my colleagues seem to defer to my ability to use the thing (not that I know anything more than that which I gleaned from reading the instructions), but I’m quite happy for them to all give me free rein on the thing. I dug out some slides made from the blood of a patient with sickle cell disease to practice with, and I’m quite pleased with the result.

I’m hoping to use the thing to good effect in future updates of my Atlas of Haematology, but like all Atlases of Haematology I just need a few new cases…

No comments:

Post a Comment