23 June 2021 (Wednesday) - BTLP - TACT Excercise

It has been a while since I last did a BTLP-TACT exercise… So I thought I might crack on with one.
I pressed the button, and immediately got the “spinning wheel of nothing happening” which is the bane of much IT these days. Eventually I was presented with two cases:
 

02560 – a ninety-seven year-old woman going for surgery requiring group & save.

She typed as A Rh(D) Negative with a weakly positive antibody screen (1+ in cells 1 & 2)

I requested antibody panels. The IAT and enzyme panels were positive in cells 1, 2 and 3 and negative in all others. This is consistent with anti-D but doesn’t rule out anti-Cw

53086 – a twenty-five year-old woman in the maternity unit also requiring group & save

She too typed as A Rh(D) Negative but with a negative antibody screen 

I got the green light.

No comments:

Post a Comment