7 October 2020 (Wednesday) - BTLP-TACT Excercise


 

Bearing in mind I’m not at all happy about yesterday’s getting it wrong (I *wish* I could revisit the images!!) I thought I might see if I might redeem myself this morning.

The software presented me with one case – a fifty-three year-old woman with anaemia of chronic disease requiring group and save.

Her cell group of “B” was at odds with a serum group of “O”, so her ABO group was indeterminate.
Her Rh(D) group was Positive.

 Her antibody screen was positive in the second cell so I requested panels.
The IAT and enzyme panels were positive in cells 3 and 5 which is consistent with anti-E

I got the green light…

As I worked through the scenario I was taking no end of screen shots. I don’t mind getting it wrong (well, I do!) but if (when) I get it wrong I’d like to learn from my mistakes. Telling me “You failed - Quack Quack Oops!” (like it did yesterday) isn’t really much good as an educational experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment